Statement Of Eligibility
▪The applicant must be the child of an employee who has been declared to be permanently and totally disabled or who was fatally injured as a result of a work-related injury or occupational disease.
▪The death or injury or illness must have occurred as a result of work activities performed for an Ohio employer covered by the Ohio workers’ compensation law.
▪The injury or death must have resulted in a decline in the family’s income.
▪The applicant must be between the ages of 16 and 25.
▪The applicant must be enrolled time in a trade or vocational school; in industrial/commercial training; at a junior college or community college; in an undergraduate program at a college or university; or in a graduate program at a university.
Scholarship Application Guidelines
▪Applicants must submit a scholarship application form with all supporting documents.
▪Applications must be submitted no later than one month before the beginning of the semester or quarter.
▪Scholarships are awarded on the basis of a student’s need and the funds available to Kids’ chance of Ohio. The maximum scholarship award is $5000 per year.
▪Scholarships may be used to pay tuition/fees, books, and room and board.
The following documents must be included with the scholarship application:
- Transcript from the applicant’s last two years of attendance at an academic institution.
- Copies of the last two (2) years’ Federal tax returns of applicant.
- Copies of the last two (2) years’ Federal Income tax returns of applicant’s parent(s) and/or legal guardian.
- Financial aid applications and replies (including FAFSA and SAR documents) from college or technical school.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- Ohio BWC release.
- Industrial Commission order approving death claim or proof of acceptance of death claim from a self-insuring employer (if applicable).
- Industrial Commission order declaring parent permanently and totally disabled orproof of acceptance of permanent and total disability from a self-insuring employer (if applicable).